You have reached the Kuressaare Airport self-briefing page!
Information for arrival -aircraft crew:
1. Do avoid the problems and misunderstandings; be sure, that before departure to destination aerodrome, You have acquaint yourself with destination AIP-information, AIP SUP- information and valid NOTAM-s.
All the aeronautical information about Kuressaare- and Ruhnu aerodrome can be found from Estonian Aeronautical Information Publication. For NOTAM-messages look here (choose:Flight Preparation->NOTAM PIB), here or here. Do not forget do pay attention to Custom requirements (these can be found from AIP GEN part). If You have something do declare on the board, would be useful to mark it down on FPL field 18 with RMK/ Custom required.
You can obtain the aeronavigational information also from Kuressaare ATS/MET by phone +372 45 30 315 or by phone from Tallinn AIS-Briefing + 372 625 8293. For route calculations webpage SkyVector might be helpful.
2. Meteorological data’s about Kuressaare aerodrome are available on WEATHER and from here or here (METAR/ METAR AUTO with history). In addition to, would be useful to check over the information about Roomassaare station from automatic weather-system: Estonian Weather Service / history from Observation data. Station is situating about 2 KM South of EEKE AD, near to Roomassaare Harbour.
For obtaining the meteorological information about Ruhnu, take also the Estonian Weather Service and history from Observation data.
Meteorological information in METAR- and TAF-code form and forecast-charts are available from:
• Aviation meteorological information by Estonian Weather Service
Ruhnu aerodrome does not produce the METAR- and TAF-messages, since they are working only O/R.
Pictures from satellite and radar-info are available:
• Wind forecast (Windfinder)
• Wind forecast (Windguru)
Meteorological information can be obtained also from Kuressaare ATS/MET, by phone + 372 45 30 315.
Information for departing-aircraft crew:
1. Pre-flight self-briefing at Kuressaare aerodrome can be made in our self-briefing room, on the second floor of tower building. Room is equipped with internet-connected PC, with needed self-briefing manuals and passwords, also with aeronavigational information about Kuressaare and Ruhnu aerodromes.
Pre-flight briefing at Ruhnu aerodrome can be done inside of Ruhnu terminal-house, via internet. If needed, additional information can be obtained from Kuressaare ATS/MET by phone +372 45 30 315, or via phone from Tallinn-AIS Briefing +372 625 8293.
2. During the planning of flight and submitting the Flight Plan (FPL), be informed about local demands and Flight-rules, basic information about most needed things can be found from Aeronavigational Information Publication. Also one should read aeronavigational information about FPL route-countries and destination country/ aerodromes. Do not forget do pay attention to Custom requirements (these can be found from AIP GEN part). If You have something do declare on the board, would be useful to mark it down on FPL field 18 with RMK/ Custom required.
3. Payment for Kuressaare- and Ruhnu aerodrome fees and charges can be made only in cash (EUR) or by credit card. Pricelist is available here.
Fuel at Kuressaare Aerodrome:
Fuel types: JET A1, 100 LL. Fuel is provided by company Helmcoil Ltd.
Payment for fuel can be made only in cash (EUR) or by credit card.
*Fuel at Ruhnu aerdrome: NIL
NB! In case Kuressaare ATS/MET is closed and You are planning do depart from/or arriving to EEKE:
- one must always report about planned intentions and movements on Kuressaare ATS frequency 118,050 MHZ;
- observe traffic in the vicinity of the aerodrome and on it (there is possibility do meet powered paragliders activity, without radio communication);
- Do not forget to close/or open Your FPL (information about DEP or ARR REP must be written down to FPL field nr 18) as demanded.
Movement reports/intentions information are demanded aslo in case You are operating on Ruhnu aerodrome movement area or in traffic circuit. Reports must be forwarded on Kuressaare ATS frequency 118,050 MHZ with prase "Ruhnu radio" or "Ruhnu traffic".
Have a safe flight!
PS! Feedback about services, quality of them or suggestions, can be written down here.